Discover these customer favorites ... satisfaction 100% Guaranteed!
High Potency Omega-3 Therapy - 180 ct
- Nutrition &
- Fish gelatin softgels
- Organic lemon oil added
- Easy-swallow 850mg size
- MSC-certified sustainable
- NSF-certified for purity/potency
- 1,010mg EPA+DHA per serving
- 1,180mg total omega-3s per serving
- Molecularly distilled and concentrated
- Sourced from sustainable Alaskan pollock
- Natural, marine triglyceride-form omega-3s
- No dairy, starch, wheat, yeast, sugar, or soy
- No artificial preservatives, additives, or colors
- Product of USA
Vital Choice Hi-Potency Omega-3 Therapy supplements provide concentrated amounts of omega-3 fatty acids.
Each two-softgel serving provides 1,010mg of omega-3 EPA+DHA ... just over the 1,000mg daily intake recommended* for heart patients by the American Heart Association (AHA).
The omega-3s in our oil occur in the natural triglyceride form found in fish, for optimal absorption.
Certified pure, with concentrated omega-3s
The oil in Omega-3 Therapy softgels comes from wild-caught Alaskan pollock ... an extraordinarily pure fish from pristine waters.
And our oil undergoes a state-of-the-art process called molecular distillation, to accomplish two goals:
- Concentrate the oil's omega-3s, so that just two softgels provide the amount recommended to most heart patients.
- Reduce contaminants to the minuscule or non-detectable levels deemed safe by the U.S. FDA and public health authorities worldwide.
To keep the oil fresh and healthful, we add natural, non-GMO mixed tocopherols (vitamin E complex) and natural astaxanthin. Astaxanthin is the carotenoid-class orange pigment – and highly potent antioxidant – found in algae, shellfish, and wild salmon.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Omega-3 health benefits
According to the U.S. FDA, "Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease."
The long-chain omega-3s (EPA and DHA) found only in seafood – and in supplemental fish and krill oils – are essential to human life and support optimal health in key organs, systems, and life stages.*
- Joint health
Healthy skin & hair
Wild Alaskan pollock oil, organic lemon oil, natural astaxanthin (Haematococcus pluvialis
extract), natural, non-GMO mixed tocopherols, softgel capsule (fish gelatin, glycerin, purified water).
Hi-Potency Omega-3 Therapy - 180 ct
Serving Size 2 softgels
Number of servings: 90
|Amount Per Serving
||Calories from Fat 17
|Wild Alaskan Pollock Oil 1680mg**
Total Omega-3 fatty Acids 1180mg
EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) 670mg**
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) 340mg**
**Daily Value not established
|* Percent Daily Values
are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs.
Product has been sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal on
cap is broken. Store in a cool, dry place.
You can refrigerate or freeze the oil, though there is no need, except in excessively warm room conditions.
Adults take two softgels daily, preferably with a meal, or as
recommended by a healthcare professional. Keep out of reach of children.
It is best to take our Hi-Potency Omega-3 Therapy fish oil with a meal.
These are the U.S. Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDAs) for vitamin D:
Birth to 12 months - 400 IU
Children 1–13 years - 600 IU
Teens 14–18 years - 600 IU
Adults 19–70 years - 600 IU
Adults 71 years and older - 800 IU
Pregnant and breastfeeding women - 600 IU
Hi-Potency Omega-3 Therapy fish oil should be taken at the recommended dose. Consult with your physician before taking substantially higher doses, or taking this product if you are pregnant, diabetic, allergic to fish or iodine, using blood thinners, have a diagnosed cardiac condition or immune disorder, or anticipate surgery.
Omega-3s for Mothers, Infants, and Children
Here is what widely respected pediatrician and omega-3 expert William Sears, M.D. told us in respose to our question on this subject:
- "... experts attending a 2005 workshop recommended at least 300 mg a day for pregnant and nursing mothers (most mothers get only 20-25% of this amount, unless they take omega-3 fish oil supplements). In our medical practice we have mothers take at least 500 mg of DHA per day during pregnancy and lactation."
- "The recommendation for infants is at least 200mg of DHA per day, which is the dosage added to infant formulas."
- "Practically speaking, infants under one year old receive their omega-3s through mother's milk or fortified formula, but it is perfectly safe and perhaps even beneficial for infants to be given extra Vital Choice fish oil at a dose of around 300 mg a day of DHA. I stress DHA rather than EPA because DHA is the main brain growth omega-3."
NOTE: There are as yet no official omega-3 intake recommendations for children over two years of age, so please consult your pediatrician. A dose of 300 mg of DHA would be provided by 2 of our 850mg capsules.
CAUTION: If your child has never had fish or fish oil, please check for seafood allergies (which are uncommon) by rubbing some fish oil on his or her skin, in a less sensitive area such as the lower leg.
Fish oils and blood thinners
The omega-3s in fish oil possess properties associated with "blood thinning", but according to research by American Heart Association (AHA) consultant William Harris, Ph.D., they do not appear to pose any risk to persons taking blood-thinning drugs (e.g., Coumadin).
PLEASE NOTE: The U.S. FDA has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Non-perishable goods ship via Ground service Monday - Friday (except
holidays) and normally arrive in 3-7 days, depending upon destination.
Non-perishable shipments to Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, and
Northern California may arrive faster, in 1 or 2 days.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Free standard shipping applies to orders of $99 or more per U.S.
address, including non-perishables sent to Alaska and Hawaii.
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost more; for
more information on this and all shipping topics, see our Shipping page