Why Vital Choice
Great Party Plate Ideas
Chef Becky Selengut on good seafood
Discover these customer favorites ... satisfaction 100% Guaranteed!
Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Pieces, Four 1 lb. bags
- Nutrition &
NOTE: Each 4 lb order must be accompanied by at least one other frozen item to ensure delivered quality. Just add any other frozen item to your Cart before you check out.
Wild Alaskan sockeye salmon is our most popular seafood, rich in flavor and nutrition.
In addition to providing an abundance of omega-3s and vitamin D, this salmon is a great source of the reddish-hued antioxidant astaxanthin.
So as not to waste one bit of this precious natural resource, we’ve packaged the “trim” left over from the processing of our premium sockeye portions, and passed the savings onto you.
This attractively priced offering features random-sized trim pieces, perfect for chowders, sautés, stews, pasta dishes, patties, and stir-fries.
It’s a wonderfully affordable way to include even more health-enhancing wild salmon into your daily diet.
Sockeye vs. king and silver salmon
Wild Alaskan sockeye is richer than silver (coho) salmon and a bit leaner than king (chinook) salmon, with a firmer texture than either fish.
Why is Vital Choice sockeye so clearly superior?
The relationships we fostered during decades of fishing Alaskan waters give us rare access to the very highest-grade sockeye.
We select sockeye from small southeast Alaska harvest regions with far fewer boats and none of the processing bottlenecks that often plague the harvest areas that supply most mass-market sockeye.
This sourcing advantage means that Vital Choice sockeye is cleaned and flash-frozen very quickly after harvest, preserving its fresh-caught quality.
In addition, fat levels in sockeye vary by region, and on average ours is substantially more flavorful than standard Sockeye.
These advantages explain why salmon-savvy shoppers consider Vital Choice wild Alaskan sockeye such a rare treat.
Sockeye salmon nutrition
|What people say|
"Your sockeye fillets are the best I have ever tasted. I am so impressed, no wonder Dr. Perricone recommends your salmon, it is the BEST." - Melody L., San Clemente, CA
"I just wanted to let you know that the Sockeye salmon is out of this world, what a difference from the store brand!"- Dawn E.
Pure and wholesome
Wild Alaskan salmon is among the purest of all ocean fish, which is why the EPA, FDA, Alaska Division of Public Health, and consumer organizations recommend it without reservation.
Wild Alaskan Sockeye salmon
offers abundant omega-3s
and unrivaled levels of vitamin D
In addition to ample protein, Alaskan Sockeye salmon offers abundant omega-3s, as well as unrivaled levels of vitamin D and astaxanthin (as-tuh-zan-thin).
On average, Sockeye salmon provides these amounts of nutrients per 6 oz portion:
- Omega-3s – About 1,994mg of omega-3 EPA+DHA, or 4 to 8 times more than the minimum daily EPA+DHA intake recommended by most world health authorities (250-500mg)).
- Vitamin D3 – About 1,170 IU in the optimal D3 form, which is more than most other fish, and more than any fortified food, approaching the child-to-adult US RDA of 600 IU.
- Astaxanthin – About 6.78mg*. This red-orange pigment is a carotenoid-class nutrient with unique health benefits.
*Turujman SA, et al. Rapid liquid chromatographic method to distinguish wild salmon from aquacultured salmon fed synthetic astaxanthin. J AOAC Int. 1997 May-Jun;80(3):622-32.7
Ingredients:Wild Alaskan Sockeye (Red) Salmon
Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Trim, 1 lb. bags
Serving Size 6 oz. (170g)
Number of servings: About 2.5
|Amount Per Serving
||Calories from Fat 86
| Sugars 0g
|Vitamin A 6% • Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2% • Iron 4%
|* Percent Daily Values
are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs.
- Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C).
- Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months.
- Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
- NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
- Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
- Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
- For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible.
- Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package).
- Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Cooking and serving tips
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page
. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page