- Ships FREE on cold gel packs
- Medium size (1½ to 1¾ inches long)
Enjoy fresh, eco-grown Manila Clams straight from the beaches of Washington's Puget Sound.
Until they're custom-harvested the live clams await your order, in bags hung from a floating shellfish raft.
Their ocean-fresh quality rivals the results of donning clam diggers and rooting around in heavy sand ... without all that work!
Easy and safe to enjoy
Our Manila clams (Tapes phillipinarum) are totally free of sand or grit.
Before the clams are harvested, each batch is tested and certified safe by the State of Washington.
Storage and handling
Properly cared for, live shellfish can be held up to 5 days.
However, as with any fresh food, the sooner you enjoy our clams, the better.
Note: Consuming raw shellfish presents a risk to persons with compromised immunity.
- The clams are alive, and you need to keep them alive until they are cooked or served.
- As soon as possible, place on (not under) ice and store in the refrigerator at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- We recommend that you place the net bag of clams in a colander or other self-draining container, and place that self-draining container inside a larger, closed container to catch any liquid.
- Cover the clams with a damp cloth or towel to keep them from drying out. Again, do not cover or bury the clams in ice.
- If prolonged storage is necessary, replenish the ice, remove any water from melted ice, and re-moisten the towel frequently.
- If you put the clams in a plastic bag, make sure that the top is open or that there are holes in the bag to allow the shellfish to breath.
Testing for freshness
- Using your nose is the best way to check for freshness, If clams smell fresh, like the sea, they are likely still in very good condition. Discard any off-smelling clams.
- Sometimes the shells of clams will gape open just a bit in order to get more air. If you see this and are wondering if they are still alive, simply squeeze them shut; discard any clams that spring right back open again.
FREE Shipping on all live shellfish orders!
Your shellfish will be shipped by Overnight service,
packed with an ample amount of ice-cold gel packs.
Our live shellfish are harvested and shipped on
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
Orders placed BEFORE 5:00 PM Pacific Time on
Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday will be harvested
and shipped the following day.
Orders placed AFTER 5pm Pacific Time Wednesday
through 5pm Sunday will be harvested and shipped on Monday.
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- No live shellfish orders can be shipped on Fridays.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
For more information, see our Shipping page
or call 800-608-4825.