- Ships frozen
- Raw, uncooked
- 15 oz minimum per tray
- Five whole, shucked tails per tray
- Independently certified sustainable
- Product of USA (Maine)
Our Wild Lobster is hand-harvested from clean, ice-cold waters off the rocky coast of Maine.
Wonderfully moist and slightly sweet, premium Vital Choice lobster offers unsurpassed texture, ease, and taste.
Each tray provides five whole lobster tails, ready to thaw, cook, and enjoy.
Innovative, high-pressure processing totally eliminates the chore of getting the meat from the shell, and delivers every sweet, delicious morsel.
How does it work? Live lobsters get immersed in a water-filled chamber, where pumps raise the water pressure rapidly and radically.
This sudden, extreme water pressure kills the lobsters humanely within six seconds, and causes the meat to detach completely from the shell.
Then, the pressure gets raised further, to 87,000 pounds per square inch, to kill off any bacteria or other pathogens.
The lobster tail meat is then hand-shucked from the shell in one piece.
Last but not least, the shells are given away to local farmers to use as fertilizer!
Oven Roasted Lobster Tails
Shucked lobster tails
Salt and pepper
- Thaw lobster tails.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place thawed lobster tails on a sheet pan or other baking dish.
- Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, place in oven, and cook for 10 minutes.
Storage and thawing
Keep frozen until ready to use.
Place package in a container and thaw overnight in the refrigerator, at or below 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
For quicker thawing, place package in cool water and thaw just until flexible.
Cook or refrigerate immediately after thawing.
Lobster can be boiled, steamed, poached, broiled, or grilled. Or, enjoy it uncooked, as sashimi.
Lobster meat takes only three to five minutes to cook thoroughly. Overcooked lobster meat will become tough.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page
. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page